The programme Matter and the Universe is embedded within the structure of the Helmholtz-Association and pursues programme oriented research in the research field matter. The programme is a major pillar of the KIT Center Elementary Particle and Astroparticle Physics, KCETA.
The following KIT-institutes contribute to the research programme Matter and the Universe:
- Institute for Nuclear Physics (IKP)
- Institute for Data Processing and Electronics (IPE)
- Institute for Technical Physics (ITEP) with Tritium Laboratory Karlsruhe (TLK)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics (ITP)
- Institute for Theoretical Particle Physics (TTP)
- Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)